Saturday, May 8, 2010

Sassafrass

Rachel is a Sassafrass, plain and simple. Because Rachel's brain works at about 2.5x the speed of mine, she is always one step ahead of me. She quickly points out any flaws in my speech, possible puns, and cleverly conjectures about what she sees as the meanings of my words. I fall in love again every time she sasses me!

Anybody who knows me knows that I am very formal with girls when I first meet them. I don't know what it is but I'm just a super serious guy when I first meet girls. Its really unattractive to a lot of girls. I'm surprised that Rachel liked me for how fun loving she was. That worried her about me, she thought that I would never be funny. But that has all changed now. We laugh and play with each other constantly. It's amazing the side of Rachel that has come to light now that we've been dating for a while. It makes me really excited for the future.

Today I was telling her things about herself. One of the main things I told her was just how sweet she is. Rachel is the biggest sweetheart EVER! But this was somewhat undone when I pointed out that she was also very snide. "I'm not snide!" she told me. I vehemently defended my position pointing out various times that she had made snide remarks to myself. I saw her considering my arguments and then she got that sweet grin of acceptance on her face that sometimes also graces my presence when we are in a fight and she realizes that what we are doing is silly. Of course, it wasn't five minutes before further evidence presented itself of her doubted snideness.

The truth is, Rachel is a sassy girl...and I love her for it! She is endlessly clever and I am continually amazed at the crap she can come up with on the spot. It makes me so excited to spend the rest of my life with her! Sass on RACHER!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, this is Rachel to a T.

Drock said...

Jon: let's watch battlestar
Derek: hmm I don't like battlestar
Rachel: of course you don't it's not a comedy

SASSAFRASS!!!!!! :)