Sunday, September 26, 2010

Expanding Horizons

If you've been talking to my sweet wife lately, you'd know that she's been learning about all sorts of interesting things. I've always valued conversation with my Racher. I love talking about almost anything. If I'm honest, I used to be a lot more closed to new ideas. Because of Rachel I've come in contact with some very sobering and challenging thoughts. After reviewing myself, I usually do end up changing the way I think about things. Because of Rachel, I've been introduced to perspectives I hadn't ever considered in depth that are so worth considering! Rachel has a natural ability of explaining the way she feels well or explaining how other people might feel well. I have to admit that at times I have resisted the things she has said either because I felt completely different and so it was hard for me to understand or I was scared of the implications of what she was sharing. But in those times when I am humble and open and Rachel is sharing how she feels I experience a closeness that I would not trade for anything. The truth is that when I share things Rachel is always empathetic. I'm aspiring to be better so I can say the same for myself.

Rachel pushes me intellectually and I love it. There are disagreements in our relationship, and at times (really dramatic times) it feels as if we will never be reconciled. As hard as our hearts might temporarily become as a result of misunderstandings and pride, the softness that INEVITABLY comes with forgiveness, mutual understanding and high regard for each other and whatever feelings or ideas were being expressed makes the struggle worth it's weight in wisdom. I'm blessed with this relationship. I'm blessed with this friendship. I'm thankful that Rachel forgives me, understands me, and has such high regard for me. I lova my Racher!

PS--it is forcing me to publish in pink...unfortunate but not the end of the world.

No comments: