Friday, March 18, 2011

"Leia...Leia is my sister!"

I don't mean to make anyone feel uncomfortable, but I felt it was time for me to address this publicly. If you didn't know better, and I told you these were all pictures of me and my twin brother, wouldn't you believe me?









As far as I can tell, we're not REALLY related por sangre--at least all the parties involved vehemently deny it--but you have to admit it's a little suspicious. The first time I noticed it was last summer when we went on a hike--the sunburn pattern on Jonathan's skin looked eerily familiar--like it was my own skin. Then I put together our wedding slideshow and if it weren't for the boy/girl outfits it would have looked like a documentary of the same little blond kid.

There's no mystery as to what our little Stranger will look like--the poor little guy doesn't have a very genetically diverse pool to choose from. I was really hoping my children would turn out like the Ambler kids (since Benny and Jonathan look alike) but we'll probably end up with an army of clones. There's your second Star Wars reference for this post. :)

3 comments:

Tamey said...

I think every couple has remarkable similarities to be honest. I see a lot of pictures of Mike and I that we look like siblings. And the same with my ex. HAHA. I know how you feel though, it's kind of strange. Pun intended. :)

Jonathan said...

Rachel...you are the prettiest girl in the world! Looking at those pictures reminds me of so many good times and good talks. I love you Racher.

V said...

Hilarious! You two do look a lot a like...one gooood lookin' couple.