Monday, October 31, 2011

How fleet the foxes







NOTES ON HALLOWEEN:
*I'm proud of myself for creating these costumes 20 minutes before we left for a party. Jonny and I were gypsies and Chai was (who else?) Slim Shady. My 17 year old self would be so proud.
*The purple vest Jonathan is wearing is from an ACTUAL GYPSY I met at the hospital in Romania. Dangerously legit.
*My skirt is from an ACTUAL CHRISTMAS DANCE I went to in high school. Huh. That didn't sound as cool.
*I desperately wanted to take Chai trick or treating for the sole and shameful purpose of collecting free candy for myself. In the end I couldn't bring myself to do it. Luckily I got a lot of free candy anyway.
*Chai was a horrifically cute rapper and delighted all who saw him. He wears a beanie well, as does his handsome father.
*We had fun with the Lowes. I told Laura she should use Halloween as an opportunity to show how "scary" the medical paradigm of birth is, and she could dress up as Pitocin or this famous OB at UVRMC who gives famously terrible episiotomies.
*I'm so glad Halloween is over. Now I can freely begin celebrating Christmas, and the sooner we get to Christmas, the sooner summer can come again. I don't have much use for fall.

1 comment:

Mawhey said...

I LOVE looking at pictures of Chai!! You can tell in some of the pictures that he's gleefully kicking his feet. I adore him! Your costumes were so creative, Watsol, I love how your veil looks like your hair. :)