Thursday, July 22, 2010

Darse Cuenta

Just the other night, Rachel and I were saying a prayer together. It's always really sweet to pray with Rachel. I love seeing what other people pray about on a personal level, and I've probably not heard more personal prayers than Rachel's. But at the end of this one, something hit me: I'm getting married in like 3 weeks! I thought it was so weird! Sometimes these things just hit us! It's something you've prepared for, thought about, dreamed about for a VERY long time. But somehow when it comes up, it seems so much like something out of this world. The point is, it hit me...hard! But the good thing about it, is how sweet it was. Though I felt a little bit of anxiety, I realized it was a really good anxiety...it was me being anxious to be married! I can't believe how sweet it was.

I think it is amazing how you can be preparing for something your whole life, know that it was going to be something that happened in your life, and still be insanely joyous when it is about to happen. More than you could have imagined. I believe that our lives together will be similar, our current joy always putting to shame our most intensely positive ideas of what we thought our joy would feel like. Thank you, Only Racher! I'm honored to be with you.

3 comments:

Drock said...

Jon. Both you and rachel are amazing. I really value your friendships and I am really excited for you guys.

Racher said...

I love you amor. I can't believe how close it is.

Sara said...

WHY WONT MY COMMENTS POST?

.....i did write the one last night on ambien so maybe it's a good thing it didn't post?