Monday, January 31, 2011

Birthday!

On saturday I celebrated my first birthday as a married man. It was amazing! It started out great with my favorite meal: Breakfast. Rachel made the BEST french toast I've ever eaten. I was so happy! We had tons of bacon and she cooked me eggs also. I was so happy after that. Then I loafed around for several hours and researched a keyboard I've been looking to purchasing. Anybody who knows me knows my love for tech. Needless to say I bought the keyboard and am typing on it right now.

Rachel had planned dinner at Carabba's, one of my favorite restaurants. She informed me that my local friends wouldn't be able to make it to dinner. I was sad, but I was still looking forward to dinner with my racher. When we arrived at Carabba's, they were all there! It was awesome. Absurdly in my mind I at first thought it was a coincidence. We had a lovely dinner, but the best was yet to come.
Everyone came to my house afterwards and Rachel had a coloring project for them! IT was pictures of me with the hair whited out! People had to invent a new birthday hairstyle for me and then I got to judge 2 of the best. Best done and most novel. It was amazingly silly and fun! We were all laughing our butts off.

Unfortunately the cake the Rachel made for me went awry. You see, I told her that we could leave the 2 cakes (double layer cake) in the pans while we went to dinner. I told her all the pros wait for the cakes to cool before doing there things...which was totally stupid. SO it turned out really crumbly. On top of that, I forgot to buy some key ingredients for the cake and so it was double trouble. I felt so bad. Rachel felt insanely bad too, but it was absurd as you will soon see.

Then came the best part: Jonpardy! Rachel had made a powerpoint that looked like jeopardy only with categories having to do with me! There were tons of questions about girls I had dated, legends of long time friends, and my quirks! I've never had so much fun on my birthday! Just watching everybody have so much fun and laugh. It was so special!
I'm not that big of a birthday guy really, I usually just like simple birthdays. But I have to admit, this was the best birthday ever. It literally couldn't have been better. I love Rachel! She made me feel so special and loved. Everybody should have someone like Rachel planning their birthday. It really inspired me. It makes me want to plan things for people, I had never really realized just how amazing things can be. I hope I can make her birthday half as special as she made mine. Thank you Racher!

5 comments:

Katrina said...

Happy Birthday, to my birthday buddy! SO glad you had such a great day!

Mahwey said...

Jon, your birthday party sounded like the epitome of a good birthday. :) Rachel had such awesome ideas!! I'm so glad that it was such a good day for you, thanks for being such a great brother-in-law and a great example to our family! Happy Belated birthday!

cassiecasperson said...

Wow! Rachel just reading about this made me wish that my husbands birthday was a lot closer so I could do something just as fun!!!
Happy belated birthday Jon!!!!

Celeste said...

Happy birthday on Saturday, Jonathon! I hope you both post a picture of the tile Rachel made...I really want to see it! :)

MyKidsMom said...

How fun! What a sweet and creative wife you have. I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday. Sorry I'm so bad at calling/card giving, etc. Happy very late birthday :)