Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Man-Child

It's a boy! Isn't that crazy! I guess I never understood why everyone was so surprised or excited when they found it was either or, but I guess I've just realized that it was probably all about beginning to define your baby. I think it's amazing! Last time we went for an ultrasound, the baby only looked sort of like a baby. But this time it looked like baby! I couldn't have predicted how I would feel! I was so happy-nervous! It is beautiful! I can't wait to be a father and I just know that Rachel will be an amazing mother. She is so sweet and tender. She'll be kind to our children. I'm so excited I can barely stand it. I hope that I can be a good dad.

Rachel and I have talked a lot about how we want to be. One thing that is important to me is that I want to teach my kids about forgiveness. I want them to know that they can be/are forgiven of the mistakes they make. I think that is pivotal. I don't want my kids to feel bad for the things they do, I want them to figure out how to be accountable for the things they do and then move on. I remember as a child being racked with guilt occasionally, and my parents didn't even know it. I'm sure I won't be able to teach it as well as I would like, but its very important to me. My parents did a great job, I just wasn't very expressive about my emotions.

I love to think about what he'll be like! What will he prefer? What will he dislike? Will he think I'm funny or roll his eyes. Probably both, in that order. But I'm really excited. I can't wait to meet him!

Make sure you read rach's post below, we posted on the same day for the first time.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Awe, this is so sweet!! I'm so happy for y'all! Yeah for a boy! Boys are the best. It is fun to be a boy mom. I thought I always wanted a girl to get the bows and cute dresses and stuff, but being a boy mom is less stressful to me. I feel like I can go play in the mud and no one will judge me. Haha, that doesn't make any since. (Hopefully I can do that with my girls, too.) Congrats to you both!