Saturday, January 29, 2011

How wonderful life is, now you're in the world

Happy birthday to my sweet Jonathan!
I thought I could write a post extolling his virtues, but all my posts are like that.
So in commemoration of this most special day, I wrote a rhyme. Not a poem, but a rhyme. If I had a different voice and more street cred, it would be a rap :).

I love you Jonny!


ODE TO JON

HBSE was our first scene,
I sat in front, you sassed the Dean
2 years later had our start
Jamba juice, my bleeding heart.
Though bonded by our altruism,
you dumped me for my feminism
The Curses date your plan did thwart
You brought me as a last resort.
Evergreen then saved the day
(Bruce Hafen, Luca era gay)
A song of hope now strikes a chord
And bright light all around us poured!
Canyon drives and cupcakes brought
I told you all I'd ever thought.
Tea and Seinfeld, love took root
The cabin and "you're so damn cute."
November kisses and detox
Kate, Jack Shepherd and John Locke
Thanksgiving, paralyzed by fear
But you were strong, my choice was clear
Your life and mine now intertwined
Besandonos to Iron and Wine
Poetry and Christmas schemes
Sorrow in parting, wedding dreams.
My doubts were slain at last, rejoice!
You saw our future bright with choice.
Sweet hours together, hearts attuned
Loving words and the Commune
Fraught with school and foul weather
Sheer dopamine when we're together.
Arizona, gozo unremitting
South Park, good deeds and babysitting
cada dia mas fuertes los lazos
y mas amada yo entre tus brazos
Oh sweet May morning, at last the words
Jubilation, yellow bird!
Golden summer hand in hand
Playing, laughing, making plans
Fe, esperanza, caridad
Confianza, ansiedad
Florida and Mexico
Topaz Mountain, Oh Wyo.
Pizza Pie, Subway, Bombay
August longing, count the days.
Sang our didn't, danced our did,
Shady dealings with Jon's Id.
August 14 bright and blue
You promise me, I promise you
Human love and heavenly glory
Join to honor our love story
Then, at last, the Island! (Minus
persecution from Ben Linus).
Mission memories, waterfall
paraĆ­so tropical
Zapote, chimis, pica pollos
Hermosas playas y arroyos.
Shores of freedom, honey and the moon
School's starting, back too soon!
Vantage Point and County jail
Work and duty tip the scale,
But joyful are the hours sweet
When faithful friends and lovers meet...

I know you can't believe how hood your wife is
And I can't believe how good our life is
You are my sweetest heart! IT'S TRUE!
Therefore the least that I could do
Was write a birthday rhyme for you :).





2 comments:

Jonathan said...

You cutie! I love the sweet birthday rhyme!

Celeste said...

How do you do it, Rachel? Pure genious, I'm sure.